29 Jan Raw Vegan Sushi
Authentic sushi chefs will hate on this recipe and my rolling skills real hard. BUT, this “sushi” is still really delicious.
Full recipe when you click through!
6 cups roughly chopped jicama
½ cup almonds
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 Tablespoons agave
1 Tablespoon salt
8 sheets nori
1 cucumber, julienned
1 carrot, julienned
3 thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
1 bunch sprouts
3 scallions, thinly sliced
½ cup nama shoyu (soy sauce/tamari) for dipping
1. Place the jicama in a food processor a little at a time and pulse until it looks like rice.
2. Add almonds to food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add to your bowl of jicama and mix together.
2. Pour mixture onto a dry, clean towel and press another towel on top to remove excess moisture.
3. Pour mixture back into a large bowl, and add rice vinegar, agave, salt and mix.
4. Place a sheet of nori on your cutting board or sushi rolling mat (smooth side down), add ⅓ cup of rice leaving about an inch around the edges, add filling ingredients.
5. Fold the nori up and over the filling and roll tightly, wetting the top edge of the nori with a little water or rice vinegar to seal it.
6. Cut the roll into little pieces wiping your knife with a damp towel between cuts
7. Serve with nama shoyu and wasabi.
- Good source of Omega-3′s
- High in vitamin C
- Has fiber for days